Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's all about the Benjamins!

I know I have been obsessed this week with paranormal stuff, but I am so very excited!! My dear, sweet mother has FINALLY given me permission to investigate my childhood home! This has been a long time coming and I am about ready to pee my pants with excitement! She would never allow me to investigate before because she lives there alone and didn't want me to "stir anything up" for her to have to deal with after I leave. Totally understandable, but I have been dying to investigate for a long time! She's going out of town for a wedding this weekend and gave me free reign for one night only!

I have been preparing as much as I can before Saturday. I pulled out all the research I've done on the property, including an abstract dating back to 1830, obituaries and newspaper clippings of known deaths that occurred in or around the house, pictures I've collected of Benjamin family headstones and family members. Yes, my family actually KNEW Robert Benjamin, who was born in our house!! A weird coincidence that just adds to the mystery.

I am also trying to prepare my equipment, which isn't much. I have a digital voice recorder and a digital camera. Becky and Brian are bringing their video camera, so hopefully we will catch something interesting! I still have to get batteries, flashlights, a memory card for my camera and a male to male cord to transfer evps to my computer. I know...this shit is boring...but I am basically running down a list that's been in my head in the last 24 hours.

I don't know why, but I have always felt that the entity in the house was male. My sister pretty much confirmed that when she claimed to have seen the smokey figure of a man standing at the end of her bed in winter of 2003, while briefly living back at my mom's. Justin "Judd" Benjamin died of a heart attack suddenly in the house in the 1930's. He left behind his widow, Jesse and their 9 children, so I really feel that his spirit may have lingered to watch over them. I am really going to try to communicate with him during the investigation. There is so much to share about the house, but it would take forever. I will try to get a link on here to my research and our findings as soon as I can.

Saturday night...Midnight...The investigation begins...wish us luck!! :)

2 comments: