Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hippity Hoppity...and All That Jazz!!


I have no idea why, but I am excited for Easter this year. Maybe because it will be the first holiday since the dreaded breakup where I won't lock myself in the bathroom and cry before dinner...well...I won't cry at least! :)
They'll be no kids this year, so I am hosting an "adult" Easter at my house on Sunday. Although, there won't be any hunts or easter baskets, I am looking forward to having my family around me. I have been thinking a lot about Easter at my Grandparent's house when I was a kid. The smell of ham baking in the oven, potatoes boiling on the stove and a warmth that radiated around all of us as we gathered and pigged out on chocolate bunnies and marshmallow peeps.
A holiday is like a warm blanket tossed around my shoulders when I am not feeling my best. There is a togetherness that cannot be matched on any other day. I want to preserve our family history of wonderful meals and laughter on the holidays. I am going to try my best to replicate my grandma's mashed potatoes and gravy, although I doubt I'll be able to make it like she could. I guess I am just a sentimental sap, but traditions are what make a family unique. I love being able to share those times with the ones who know and love me the most. Viva la Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment