Monday, June 14, 2010

Just for Shiggles...

This is a list of quotes that have really spoke to me lately. I write my own poetry and prose that has been inspired from my own fucked up life. But, in time of weakness when there is just too much for me to say to even begin or try to package into verse, I find it helps to let other's do the talking for me. These are the words that get my attention, make me nod my head and strike a chord with what I've been feeling. Hopefully it resonates with you as well...


"I'm not sayin' you treated me unkind. You could have done better, but, I don't mind. You just kind of wasted all my precious time. Don't think twice, it's alright." -Bob Dylan

"I'm too proud to beg for your attention and your friendship and your time. So, You can come and get it from now on" -Brandii Carlisle

"Too young to hold on. Too old to just break free and run." Jeff Buckley

"Sometimes I trip on how happy we could be." -Prince

“With some people solitariness is an escape not from others but from themselves. For they see in the eyes of others only a reflection of themselves.” -Eric Hoffer

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who wouldn't give up on them. -Anonymous

"I'm looking through you, where did you go? I thought I knew you, what did I know? You don't look different, but You have changed. I'm looking through you, You're not the same." -The Beatles

"When it hurts to look back and You're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there. -Author Unknown

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person." - William Somerset Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment