Thursday, February 9, 2012

Stressed... but getting happier by the moment!

So, It's been a few months since I wrote on here. Sorry!! Things have been crazy. My life is on a wobbly track right now, but I believe it's the RIGHT track finally. First, I got a NEW JOB!! It's not much, only part time for now and no benefits. BUT...I am back in Music!! This alone makes me smile from ear to ear. I sell music and licensing to be used in Television and Film. Not glamorous by any means, but it's cool to talk to executives at NBC, MTV, Disney, Paramount, etc etc etc. I get to help bring music to artistic projects and that is a union I enjoy being a part of!! I am very thankful for my job. I only hope and pray it turns into a full time gig soon!

The other big distraction in my life right now is THE WEDDING. Ugh! I am soo excited and happy to be getting married to the most wonderful man on the planet (sorry ladies, I'm a little biased), but planning a wedding on almost NO budget is a pain in the ass! Because of my financial hardship right now, I made a tough decision to move in with my pop for a few months to save money for my up-coming nuptials. I leave my house in March. I'm not thrilled about it, but I will be thrilled to have more money! We have the church and the reception hall booked, I have my rings and am about to get Darren's this month, We think we found our photographer and the flowers are done courtesy of ME. I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself! This is going to be a total DIY wedding. So, we are saving money there. But, We have considered just eloping many times. I hope we get to have our beautiful day..but I just want a beautiful marriage. I have no worries in that department! :)

Darren and I will be moving in together in August, but right now, we are being smart and saving as much money as we can to have a great start together. It's tough and alot of sacrifice, but I know it will be so worth it in the end. Not to get too mushy, but I am so excited to start my life with him! I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when Darren and I can smoosh into our big, comfy bed together and begin forever! I'm sure the cats will try to climb in their with us, but that will be OK. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment