Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Goodbye dear old friend...

The time has come. It had to be done. I had to say goodbye to an old friend this week and it's about damn time! It took bravery and I felt like a little piece of my childhood died, but as I am laying the ground work for a new beginning, I just couldn't go on without first saying goodbye. I am talking, of course, about the "huggy" pillow I have had since I was 11 years old (I mean wasn't it obvious?). The huggy pillow is just one of those childhood momentos that never seems to get discarded and before you know it, you're 32 years old and laying on the couch hugging it when you feel sad or in need of comfort. The thing is as hard as a rock, has a weird smell and should have been in the garbage years ago. But...well...you know...I just couldn't let it go. But, now that I have developed a rash, have sinus issues and chapped lips..I am starting to think that my little pillow is making me sick. I am sure it's loaded with dust mites and god knows what else. My pillow has turned on me and therefore I must give it a funeral!! So farewell little huggy pillow, you've been my faithful companion while I sleep (so much that my shoulders are slightly hunched from hugging it at night) and I will miss you! RIP!!

2 comments:

  1. If there was a "like" button on this blog, I'd press it twice! :) My condolences, but I know it's for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha very funny!! I know if you had your way it would have bit the dust a long time ago. Sorry for all those times it attacked you in the night! :)

    ReplyDelete