Monday, July 19, 2010

"Baby...I'm a Star!" -Prince

So, I got a weird email the other day and now it seems as though I might be on a commercial next spring!! Apparently, this blog has gotten the attention of Mutual of Omaha reps and they want me to take part in their "Aha Moment" campaign that is touring the country right now. I've heard of it because I know Oprah pitched a big 'ol bitch about it because she claimed she came up with the "aha moment." But, never in a million years did I think I would be asked to take part in it. I go tomorrow to the Football Hall of Fame for my interview which will be filmed in an airstream trailer and broadcast on their website. http://www.ahamoment.com/.

But, the kicker is that not only will I be on their website (hopefully), but I might also be included in a nationwide televised commercial that will air in Spring of 2011!! I doubt I will make it to air, but the possibility is there and it's pretty exciting! I love it when life hands you these odd little opportunities that you never see coming. They are the types of moments I would have run away from in the past. But, now that I've gotten older (and a little wiser) I realize that everything happens for a reason and it's better to just go for it rather than regret that you didn't.

I can think of many "aha" moments in my life. But, I think I have zeroed in on the most profound time in my life that really changed me. I am not going to talk about negative times in my life. I want to talk about a very happy time in my life that gave me room to discover myself and learn to love who I am. Wish me luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment