Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!

It's so funny how something can happen that can ruin or make your day. This day has started out as usual as I'm stuck at work and ready to GO! Then at lunch, I was almost backed into in a Taco Bell parking lot by a toothless wonder who just kept right on backing up even as I yelled, layed on my horn and told him off. What was supposed to be my hour to relax ended up being crazy and stressful. I was pretty much expecting my day to go downhill from there, but then I came back to work and found out that my best friend (who is expecting her first child) was able to find out the sex of the baby early!! We work at an ob/gyn so she was able to pop into the u/s room and find out!! SO EXCITING!! It turned my day around completely!!

It just makes me realize how nice it is to have someone in your life who you can share those moments with. She and I have known each other since I was 20 years old, we lived together for 3 years and have had our falling outs and time away from each other. But, we always find a way to reconnect and remain like family. I can remember when we were pretty much kids ourselves and now here she is married and having a baby!! It's bittersweet that we're all grown up now, but I am so happy we will have a new little addition to the family! Now that our little pumpkin has a name, it feels all that more real!!! What a happy day!! :)

PS- I am honoring Beck's wishes by not revealing the sex before she gets to tell people!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment