Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Up, Up and Away!!

So, a month has gone by and I can't believe how much has happened in such a short time! First things first...I got a new job!! I am so thankful and relieved that it happened so fast. The last time I was out of work it took me over two and a half months just to find a little part timer! But, I was fortunate enough to find something fast and I have a great feeling that I will stay for a long time (I hope). I am now the proud Salon Coordinator at a little salon near my hometown. It's got a cool, trendy vibe to it and the girls who work there are super delightful! I am part time for the summer, but I go to full time at the end of August. Money is tight right now, but at least I see a light at the end of this long tunnel I've been in.

So, now that I have that nailed down, Darren and I discussed when we should move in together. Obviously, we want to move BEFORE we get married, but that has been a challenge for a long time now. We looked at apartments a couple months ago and found the PERFECT one in a quiet, peaceful area with a balcony overlooking the woods. The only problem we had was that we were waiting for me to go full time at my last job (and we all know how that turned out), so we figured we had lost the apartment forever. We kept having glimmers of hope. Like, Darren sold one of his paintings to our alma mater and brought in a couple thousand bucks! But, it just wasn't enough to get us over the hump. However, I have to say...Mini cheer for Darren!! I am soo proud of that man and his abilities! Then, we heard from the apartment manager that our apartment was still available! That was just like salt in the wound. Here was our perfect apartment...just sitting there...and we couldn't go get it! I got the new job, but still won't be making enough to pull my weight until August. So, we were pretty much just living on a wing and a prayer that no one would snatch up our apartment before then.

Darren decided to talk to the apartment manager and see what we could do. If there were any offers they could help us out with. Since Darren has lived there before and is in great standing with them, they worked something out. If we take occupancy by July 15th, we only have to pay a deposit and get half off our next months rent!! It was like a miracle! So, here it is...less than 2 weeks away and Darren and I will FINALLY be living together...in OUR home. No parents, no restrictions, just US. It seems weird to say the parent thing since we are both in our 30's, but living with them is what we had to do to save money. Talk about feeling like a frickin' kid!! I never thought I would say this but...I cannot wait to feel like a grown up again!

I still won't have alot of money until the end of August, but Darren is amazing and is willing to take on most of the financial burden until then. Anyone who knows me knows how hard it is for me to let him do that. I don't EVER expect anyone to pay my way. I have always been the one who takes care of everything on my own. So, to have someone who will do that for me is something I am having a hard time getting comfortable with. He is an amazing blessing in my life and for that, He has my whole heart forever (I know, I know...sappy, but it was called for!).

So, yeah...it's been a crazy month. I know it will probably only get crazier from here as we are only 3 months away from our wedding. But, as long as we are together, I know we will find a way to laugh through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment